[Noisebridge-discuss] Buying lockers for Noisebridge.

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 06:48:32 UTC 2011

This is something that we've floated around before, but I wanted to
bring it up again in light of the thefts around Noisebridge. I'd like
to buy some metal lockers for Noisebridge so that people can lock up
their things (like the member shelves, but more secure). The cost is
significant (a bay of metal lockers costs at least $500 and more), but
I'll front the money for this. I'll recoup the cost by charging
something small like $5 a month to members, and after I get the cost
of the lockers back we could start putting this money to Noisebridge
for revenue. The number of lockers would probably be lower than
demand, so preference would have to go to members over nonmembers (or
charging nonmembers a higher rate).

It would also need somewhat regular enforcement to make sure people
aren't using the lockers without paying their fair share, but that can
be handled by just posting notices and eventually cutting off the
locks. The lockers could go near the member shelves, we have plenty of
space for them.

What do people think? Are people up for lending money for buying lockers?

-Al