[Noisebridge-discuss] Advisory about recent thefts at Noisebridge.

Brandon Edens brandonedens at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:57:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:11 PM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:

> i like this better.  i also like the keypad/simply no longer buzzing
> people in solution, i think it's similar in effect.  I also would like
> to propose a similar solution: a passphrase.  to get buzzed in you
> must deliver the passphrase.  it could be distributed via wiki,
> mailing list, whatever.  i like the password over the keypad solution
> because i believe it has the same level of filter but more fun in
> implementation, and less work up-front to implement it it would
> require a greater behavioral change, but that might be a good thing.
> training people to have a small interaction with others to allow the
> others to enter could be a step in the right direction.

I love the pass phrase idea. Reminds me of PeeWee's playhouse, "The
Secret Word". Can the computer sometimes take over the duty using
something like PocketSphinx to perform active speech recognition ?
http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/2010/03/pocketsphinx-0-6-release/

--
Brandon Edens | brandonedens at gmail.com | brandonedens.org | key 0x42248B92