[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus item for next week - Member- & Guest- Only Hours

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Thu Jul 14 20:43:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 01:26:20PM -0700, Al Sweigart wrote:
> How big of an impact would this new rule have? How many non-members
> make use of the space after midnight when there aren't members around?

I left the space last night at 2am, and there were a large number of
non-members there doing excellent things -- including improving the
space itself.

As I said during the meeting on Tuesday, I really think the space has
been pretty awesome at night recently.

> Or how about instead of just members and their guests, we also allow
> people who are completely new to the space to be there late at night
> for their first month? This kind of makes the rule more complicated,
> but how can we simplify it?

I'm going to simplify it by blocking it. :-)

I completely agree with Rubin on this point.

-mct