[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus item for next week - Member- & Guest- Only Hours

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Jul 15 02:44:30 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 02:31 AM, Al Sweigart wrote:
> I'm putting up an item for consensus next week. Here's the wording,
> followed by a personal FAQ for questions that I think people might
> have about it:
>
> "From 11pm to 8am are members-only hours at the space. During this
> time, only members and at most two guests per member accompanied by
> the member may be at the Noisebridge space."
>
> Please email me and the list with any questions/concerns/changes you'd
> like to see. I've tried to make this a reasonable proposition, but am
> open to suggestions.

I think this is an unreasonable and a sad turn for Noisebridge. I've met
many a people at Noisebridge well after 11pm, people without sponsors or
friends who later became regulars, people who were given a key but came
alone, etc.

As a general response, I propose that there should be no special
members-only time at the space.

( I'd love to see a would be Noiesbridge policeman lead by example with
a live hack session of what they're working on. I can't imagine anyone
sleeping though Rubin's collective art projects.)

All the best,
Jake