[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeper problem/Kitchen cleanliness

Espen Sivertsen espen at kaospilot.dk
Fri Jul 15 19:53:57 UTC 2011

In terms of dishes, I would suggest installing a second dish-washer.

Here is my take on the problem:

	- We are all lazy, and don't want to do our own dishes
	- Especially not if the sink is already full of dirty dishes
	- If the dishwasher is full we don't want to be the one to empty it
	- If I want to empty the dishwasher, I've no idea where things go

Solution = 2 dishwashers. This would make it easier for people to put away dirty dishes, even when one is running. I can make reversible Clean/Dirty signs for each dishwasher - so it's easy to see what's what. This would also encourage people to habitually take stuff from the clean dishwashers rather than the cabinets, so creating a mini eco-system of cleanliness.

We can get a dishwasher for around 400$ (though we might want to talk about energy and portability issues). If people are interested I will pitch in the first 100. I will need help to transport and install though.

In the mean time, though I usually don't eat at NB, I will continue doing what I always do: wash one extra item and put it away.

Best wishes,

Espen