[Noisebridge-discuss] update on the shrine!

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:49:35 UTC 2011

> I see religion as a tool, like science, and meditation can be like
> experimentation. I think it's unexcellent to oppress
> metaphysical/spiritual/belief system hacking. Has anyone ever watched a
> programmer? Don't they sit in quiet contemplation rearranging intangible
> reality in a meditative way for hours? Both are projects of
> manipulating/constructing/programming reality. One pertains to the physical
> objects our senses encounter, and the other with the methods by which we
> encounter the objects. Both of these are aspects of science just as much as
> any religious/magical/spiritual practice, aren't they?

Not only are you completely right, but I think this clearly calls for
psychotropic exploration at every available opportunity.  Clearly,
Noisebridge is about exploring our inner worlds, which is why we
should set up an "Acidbridge" night where people come into the space
high on whatever interesting drugs they can find, and give impromptu
lectures to everyone around the space about what they're seeing and
why they're not wearing any pants.

Will.