[Noisebridge-discuss] update on the shrine!

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Tue Jul 19 10:34:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:33:49AM -0700, Rameen wrote:
> I agree with Jason and feel similarly.
> Also, I find it pretty unexcellent and disrespectful to sell someone else's
> deity/robot.

huh.  You know what?  I think you're right, and I'd like to apologize.

I thought the idea of destroying it with power tools (or turning it into a
giant robot) was unnecessarily disrespectful, and I was really glad when I
was able to find someone who cared about the statue to take it home with
them instead.

But the day before, when the issue was first discovered and the idea of
putting it up for sale on Craigslist (as a Noisebridge fundraiser) came
up, I thought it was an awesome idea, and full of lulz.  I don't know why
it didn't occur to me that this could be viewed as disrespectful as well.

Thank you for pointing this out.

-mct