[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackerspace Passports

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 31 05:43:39 UTC 2011

I am bringing 2500 Hackerspace Passports with me to Camp.  These look a lot like US Passports, but no fingerprints needed!   The idea is to help promote people visiting as many hackerspaces around the world as possible, increase collaboration, increase cross-polination so we can all learn from one another, and encourage all hackerspaces to support each other.  (And it's fun.)   If each hackerspace and hacker con makes their own stamp, then people can get their Hackerspace Passport stamped everywhere they go.  I am bringing 3 stamps with me to Camp:  Noisebridge, Hardware Hacking Tent, and a stamp I made for CCCamp2011. The Hackerspace Passports cost me about €1 each, and that's what I'll be selling them for. If you're going to Camp, and wanna make a stamp for your particular thing there, then there may be people wanting their Hackerspace Passport stamped by you. Whether or not you're going to Camp, your hackerspace or hacker con should make a stamp so that people with Hackerspace Passports can get theirs stamped with your cool stamp!  Thanks to Matthew Borgatti, who did a great job on the way cool artwork! Here's a link to a page on the Noisebridge wiki (including a place to download the artwork):https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Passport Mitch.