[Noisebridge-discuss] Handy signs are handy.

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:43:36 UTC 2011

Technical solutions to a social problem: All signs are monitors beaming
editable wikipages; all signs have a blank page for people to write-in their
editor name & timestamp wiki-style; all signs are eraseable whiteboards, the
original wikipage.

I've got the rockin pneumonia & the boogy woogie flu right now, so I won't
be around the space to hang or deface signs, but I am amused by these
prospects.

I have also seen both exellent and unexcellent removal of signs in the
space; the biggest issue here is that not everyone is in agreement over the
wording / message of signs, so we're facing a small arms race. Lamination is
the next natural defense signs, but then people will use knives to deface
them, then we'll try framing things in glass, and then they'll use rocks,
and so forth until we have bulletproof glass and folks riding nuclear bombs
and defense like toxic barbs on a lionfish, beautiful yet deadly signage.

What, wait?