[Noisebridge-discuss] buzzer code

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:26:00 UTC 2011

Hey noisebridge!

For tose of hyou that may not know, I'm in brooklyn right now competing in
the red bull creation contest. We're 10 hours in. We're building a see saw
that rotates 360 degrees instead of going up and down. A little tricky to
explain in words, but there have been video cams everywhere, so I'm sure
you'll get a chance to see it :).

I'm doing a bunch of the electronics, and have a stupidly simple question
that has been stumping me all day - I've got a set of three 12V horns that
look like they act just like buzzers, but I am having a hell of a time
driving them with a 12V power supply. A 500Hz PWM signal to them sounds like
garbage...I'm really looking for a much lower, satisfying BOOP instead of a
high pitched WHEE that I'm getting right now. Any ideas / link to example
code that can be run on an arduino that can make a sweet low pitched BOOP
(that's really f-ing loud BTW) using a buzzer setup?

Any help would be appreciated...62 hours left to go in the comp...and its
super exciting!

xoxo -
Sean