[Noisebridge-discuss] [makesf] New Meetup: Make:SF August 9th @ The Tech Shop

Malcolm Knapp malcolm.knapp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 19:14:02 UTC 2011

Announcing a new Meetup for Make:SF - the Bay Makers!

*What*: Make:SF August 9th @ The Tech
Shop<http://www.meetup.com/makesf/events/26413241/>
*When*: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:30 PM

*Where*: Tech Shop SoMa
926 Howard St
San Francisco , CA 94103
(415) 263-9161

Hello Makers,

This month Chris Jefferys will talk about remote sensing and we are bringing
back our electronics kit all stars!

Chris Jefferies of  tinajalabs.com, builds homebrewed sensor networks using
various off-the-shelf components, and has been working on developing a kit
based on his experiments.  He will talk about the tools and techniques for
building a sensor, connecting it to a wireless network, and sending the
sensor data to one of several online services that provide graphing tools
for displaying it.

Then the we start the our soldering extravaganza! Our all star kits include
the  Drawdio <http://web.media.mit.edu/~silver/drawdio/>, the
Minty-Boost<http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/>,
and the  TV-B-Gone <http://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php>. Come and make
a kit you have you have not made yet and practice your soldering skills.
Also if any of you are working on hacking any of these kits bring them in
and we can help out. The cost for the mini-project will be

Drawdio - $18 for non-members and $13 for members

Minty-Boost - $18 for non-members and $13 for members

TV-B-Gone - $25 for non-members and $10 for members

Also,  *we want to see all the cool stuff you are doing!* If you are working
on a project and want to show it off or get help, email us and we will
arrange for a demo.

This fun-for-all-ages event starts at 6:30pm. Children under 14 need to
be accompanied by an adult.

If you are working on a project and want to show it off or get help bring it
in. We want to see the cool stuff you are doing :)

 - - - - - - - - - - -

New to Make:SF? Discover what membership has to offer on the  Membership
page <http://www.makesf.org/membership/> .

 - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for joining our group! Keep us going strong by  chipping in !  Pay
your July-Dec 2011 dues online today! <http://www.meetup.com/makesf/dues/>  You
can also pay cash or credit card in person at the meeting.

See you soon!

*Check it out! <http://www.meetup.com/makesf/events/26413241/>*

--
Please Note: If you hit "*REPLY*", your message will be sent to
To learn more about Malcolm Knapp, visit his/her member

 Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
support at meetup.com