[Noisebridge-discuss] What is the phone number of the payphone at Noisebridge?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:01:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:01 AM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I mounted the red payphone to a pillar near the entrance. It works and is
> > currently set up with a config on a pap2 that had outgoing vonage minutes
> > some kind soul paid for, but didn't get set up with a DID or forwarding
> for
> > any did yet....
>
> That's awesome! I'm personally paying for a small VoicePulse account
> that terminates on Pony. It's used so infrequently, that I only put in
> $25 every couple months to keep it alive.
>
> Sadly, the Red payphone does not have a working ringer last time I
> checked, and the internals are a mess.
> If it's not too much work to swap, I'd highly recommend putting up the
> rotary one. It has full working internals, a working ringer, and I
> bought and internally installed a pulse->DTMF convertor so that it can
> trigger the various FXS ports we have.

I didn't mount a unworking phone.  It's all fixed up with a threeping piezo
ringer.  If anyone has a bell ringer, I'll upgrade it with that.

Right now, I'm only seeing one Cisco IP phone online and registered
> with Asterisk.

 The phone registers with the pap2, are you looking for that.  the web
interface for this particular pap2 is very accessible (no authentication)