[Noisebridge-discuss] Housekeeping history

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 23:42:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> Will Sargent wrote, On 20110701 152450:
> > I don't think that what you're saying is wrong.  If we'd had a single
> > cleaning day every two to three weeks instead of debating it, the place
> > would be cleaner.  But first you'd need to organize everyone, you'd need
> > build awareness, you'd need to get everyone's scheduled aligned.  That
> can
> > take as much work as having a debate about it in the first place.
>
> I beg to differ. It took me about 20 minutes of my time to create a wiki
> page, email the discussion list asking for people to volunteer their
> time with a link to the sign up list, bug people I see in person, and to
> email everyone the night before to remind them.
>
> Fairly sure I've spent more than 20 minutes on this mailing list in the
> last 7 days spouting hot hair. :)

Hot hair aside, I feel guilty since I was the one spurring Will to head the
fund drive to get someone to come and do this simple sweep/mop/bathrooms
routine, once a week.

But what are you concluding from this discussion?  Will someone stop a group
from organizing to hire someone to clean up the mop/broom/bathroom circuit?

What about stopping a group from continuing a community based clean up once
a month?  Have you ever been to a 2nd Saturday hackathon? It's pretty much
the cultural child of Sunday Sandwichs with Rubin...

-rma