[Noisebridge-discuss] what accuracy on the laser cutter?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jul 7 06:24:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 10:38:27PM -0700, meredith scheff wrote:
> I have a lot of parts to SMD solder and need a solder stencil. Sparkfun
> recomends http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/446, but I'm wondering if I
> could do it at noisebridge- or whether it wouldn't be worth the trouble.
> Advice?

When it's working right, the NB laser cutter should be fine for cutting
those stencils; I think xek (Josh) has done some already.

However at the meeting yesterday somebody said that the laser cutter had
one belt missing some teeth, so it doesn't work very well until the
replacement belt arrives.  Someone else said the replacement belt has
already been ordered.

I think you might get better response times if you ask on fab at lists
but I didn't see anybody discussing the bad belt on there :( so maybe
it's not really used that much.

-andy