[Noisebridge-discuss] Linux disk stress test & burn-in

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Fri Jul 8 05:55:42 UTC 2011

++bonnie++

Bonnie should drain the memory caches on both the system and the drive which
will eliminate the possibility of a soft error that might checksum something
in ram as opposed to the disks.

OR!  You could soft mirror the drives in Linux using mdtools, fill them with
noise, and then compare them.  You need a tribunal for this or better, but
you can have a hundred disk mirror and linux wont care.

Linux soft mirroring should have no added load to your system WITH THE
EXCEPTION of the PCI and hard drive busses.