[Noisebridge-discuss] What has become of the bedbug issue?

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Sat Jul 9 18:51:18 UTC 2011

I think that we should appoint Danny to the position of Bedbug Shaman, and
that he should conduct weekly rituals in which we dance around the
space, sprinkling diatomaceous earth on all the textiles while loudly
chanting "Somehow I doubt that pests are impressed by plans and discussion."

Obviously the sniffing dogs should play a prominent role.

We can call this the Ritual Purging of the Eisenbugs; we'll have a section
of the ceremony where everyone can publicly air their unfalsifiable -- or
difficult to reproduce -- fears, concerns and problems; the Bedbug Shaman
can carefully listen to each concern, and then either declare the concern
Unfalsifiable, and thus Banished into the Outer Darkness, or can prescribe
an Experiment by which the fear, concern, or problem can be confirmed or
falsified; the person bringing the Concern to the Bedbug Shaman is then
required to perform the experiment, bearing the cost in time and treasure
him or herself, and to publish the result, before he or she is permitted to
publicly bring up the Concern again.

When the Eisenbugs have been Purged, we can partake in a ritual drinking of
Kombucha and sing the Eisenbug Song.

All hail Danny, His Holiness the Bedbug Shaman!

--S
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Aya Shirai <ashirai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like everything is clear, but in the event we need it, I have
> access to a large bag of diatomaceous earth.
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Rameen <emprameen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hooray!
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> >> The bedbug traps haven't caught anything -- the first ones were
> actually,
> >> by accident, right next to the couch in question, and didn't catch
> anything.

> we
> not

Shannon Lee