[Noisebridge-discuss] Advisory about recent thefts at Noisebridge.

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 14:49:51 UTC 2011

Hmm there are several good points in this post.

One of the major advantages of Noisebridge to me is the broad spectrum of people
who you can meet and activities which you can do once you are in. This enormous
"infrastructural" and "brain" capacity on one spot is amazing and very unique.
Not all of the people who I really value in the community are classical hackers
and I would certainly miss them. On the other hand till now it was mostly the
hackers who created and run the place so they certainly should have they say.

It seems to me that making the access to Noisebridge a bit more difficult to
anyone from the street is wise. Keys worked well I believe before, some access
code shared somewhere online should help and we had most of the time doors open
for a bigger events when lots of new people where expected. If you could in
addition go for noisebridge wiki and do some puzzle in order to get code to get
in  (or send email to someone to get you the password or more info), it should
not be a problem. Who really wants to get in Noisebridge will anyway, so some
barriers to physically enter the place should be not a major issue and I would
prefer that compared locking things later on within the space, I think the later
sucks.

Well best of luck with solutions, please try to be friendly to the not strictly
hackers and please do not forget that you can hack nearly anything, bio hacking
being one of the quite popular examples now (but it is not "traditionally"
considered computing/electronic hacking).

Sincerely,

Frantisek