[Noisebridge-discuss] Advisory about recent thefts at Noisebridge.

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Jul 11 19:56:52 UTC 2011

I've read a lot of opinions about surveillance cameras in this discussion,
but I wanted to remind people about my idea of AWESOME cameras.

Lots of awesome happens at noisebridge.  Lots of stuff that could be,
optionally, documented with video.  By "AWESOME cameras" I mean some way to
capture creation or discussion in an intuitive way by increasing the
fidelity of the surveillance cameras and redirecting what is captured to a
world accessible file.  Think of a big record button in the sky.  Oh the
noisebridge sketch theater potential!

The converse could be a squelch feature.  For specific features, events,
etc, there could be a surveillance override.  The same mechanism that would
enable AWESOME videos could disable video all together.

In such events, people better grab their gear and sit on it, and watch the
door.

Obviously, an alert for either feature would be required.

I guess, in essence, I am trying to encourage the use of these tools for
those who do not fear them, allow for their avoidance for people who do, and
leverage the capacity of these tools for added value.

As far as fear of these tools getting disabled, a simple monitor would do.