[Noisebridge-discuss] Advisory about recent thefts at Noisebridge.

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:47:50 UTC 2011

So, somewhere this conversation went from "hey, people are stealing stuff"
to "let's throw out anyone who isn't the l33t haxorz or someone I like
personally" and "let's charge everyone to use the space, except for people I
like, to keep out poor people I don't like" and "let's increase security
with cameras that reduce privacy" and "let's set up two gatekeepers, one who
always lies and one who always tells the truth, so getting into the space
will be difficult except for me because I'm so good at solving puzzles,
except for this social problem which puzzles me".

I have a wacky suggestion to add... let's not do those crazy things.

If you want your hackerspace to be full of productive hackers, then go there
and hack. I DARE YOU.

I double-dalek dare you.

I know I'm there many nights a week, in your space, using your makerbots. Am
I hacking, or am I just goofing off and recreating the Dalek Empire in
plastic? DISCUSS. -- No, better, yet, join me.

-Snail

---
P.S. - Though it by no means should be the only way to enter the space, I do
encourage you folks to create your entrance puzzle in ADDITION to keys and
door buzzers.