[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus item for next week - Member- & Guest- Only Hours

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:00:30 UTC 2011

jof - Directly asking people if they're members or not would be
effective enough in most cases. It's not really a lie that one could
get away with under the smallest bit of scrutiny, and being caught in
that lie is reputation-damaging enough to be a deterrent.

Rubin, Danny - My primary aim of this is to keep people from casually
visiting Noisebridge with no particular purpose or project and hanging
out doing nothing, sometime ending up crashing here. How could this
item be changed to do this? Change the hours to 4am to 7am (I'd say
the majority of nonmembers still at the space are only sleeping at
this time.)? Get rid of how many guests a member can have?

What I worry will happen is that we will be on top of this problem for
a month, then forget about it, and then have it come up again six
months from now. It's way easier to make it a regular routine for
nonmembers to leave at 11pm or midnight than it is having people come
in at 6am to check for sleepers. And if people have in mind a that
Noisebridge closes at 11pm, they won't have it on their mental list of
late night party spaces.