[Noisebridge-discuss] [Tastebridge] Who threw away my Sauerkraut?

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:50:04 UTC 2011

That sucks about the sauerkraut. About a week ago I placed signs on
the fridges to try to prevent things like this from happening with a
simple protocol. Basically, any items in the fridge should have 1) A
name, 2) the date it was put in the fridge, and 3) the words "NO
SHARE" if this isn't something that is available to everyone in the
space. Of course, the signs have only been up for a few days (and keep
getting vandalized) so it'll probably take a while for this to catch
on.

Also (and I know nobody asked or even suggested it), I have not tossed
the sauerkraut or anything out of the fridge. I did toss out the
batches of dumpster-dived carrots and celery, since they were being
left out in open boxes for days (we have a rat problem) without any
labeling. Food that isn't going to be properly taken care of or have a
planned use is already wasted, so tossing it out just clears out
clutter.

-Al