[Noisebridge-discuss] update on the shrine!

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:35:30 UTC 2011

It seems like the main issue is that the Church class was being rearranged.
To me that's unexcellent for others who generally need furniture, etc. to
study. Religion and (non)religious beliefs aside, why don't we just ask them
to arrange everything back to western-type classroom style when they're done
with their practice?

I see religion as a tool, like science, and meditation can be like
experimentation. I think it's unexcellent to oppress
metaphysical/spiritual/belief system hacking. Has anyone ever watched a
programmer? Don't they sit in quiet contemplation rearranging intangible
reality in a meditative way for hours? Both are projects of
manipulating/constructing/programming reality. One pertains to the physical
objects our senses encounter, and the other with the methods by which we
encounter the objects. Both of these are aspects of science just as much as
any religious/magical/spiritual practice, aren't they?