[Noisebridge-discuss] update on the shrine!

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:02:06 UTC 2011

> Folks say it is religion and they are uncomfortable with that.
> What makes it religion, though? Is it really just that it looks
> "crazy"? Do we know religion when we see it? Here, I think we're
> on a slippery slope. Are drum circles religion?

More like the other way around.  People are uncomfortable with "that",
wherein "that" is a cluster of activities.  The label's interesting,
but not the main point: whether you call it religion or not, it wasn't
welcome.

If you have a religion which compels you to build LED circuits or
learn a new programming language, more power to you and whatever
demons/gods are possessing you.

Will.