[Noisebridge-discuss] update on the shrine!

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:21:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 01:12, Michael C. Toren <mct at toren.net> wrote:
> There are a few ways I can try to articulate why so many
> people find it so offensive, and have such a violent negative
> reaction to it, but I think the mailing list probably isn't
> the best medium for that conversation.  I can see why you
> would ask, though, and I'd be happy to talk to you about it a
> little bit the next time we see each other in person.

I guess I had some hope that there would be public dialogue
on this but I see that will not happen today.

I fear for your souls, of course; and I am personally stung by
attacks on religion. But the bitter, uncritical rejection of
religion is, I think, something really harmful in the community.

Discretion is the better part of valor and I will not carry on
in this thread about it. The matter will doubtless arise again.

May the blessings of the Ceiling Cat be upon you,

--
Jason Dusek