[Noisebridge-discuss] Tor consensus item

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 23:33:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Michael C. Toren <mct at toren.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 03:33:43PM -0700, Al Sweigart wrote:
> > A 3 or 6 month sunset provision would be fine. Either would be fine by
> me.
>
> Thanks; I've updated the Current Consensus Items page
> (https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items) and the
> Noisebridge Tor page (https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge_Tor)
> to reflect this.
>
> -mct

Wow. More than a compromise to require a renewal by consensus, but perhaps a
good model to prevent Noisebridge from accumulating many headless
projects....  I support revisiting consensus at 6 months into our first
fiscal sponsorship project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_sponsorship

I hope we can use renewal periods like this and review periods and improve
our practice and implementation of 'fiscal sponsership' and apply it to
other projects like a hacker in residence program and fiscal sponsorship for
grant supported free software projects.

Folks are really interested in this specific project though:I told some
friends at a night club about it and already received $100 in pledges
towards noisebridge's fiscal sponsorship of a funding program for Tor exit
nodes in the USA.

-rma