[Noisebridge-discuss] Tor consensus item

jim jim at systemateka.com
Wed Jul 27 04:19:54 UTC 2011

    Despite NB having only one rule, it seems to me that
we've agreed that any proposal for consensus is to allow
at least a week for dissemination.
    I'm strongly in favor of consensus and believe a
change, even on a single topic, is to some degree playing
with fire. You're right that a single obstinate person
can hold up a group decision, but that's part of the
process that I like: the group must confront the lone
holdout, and vice versa.
    Also, why "majority"? Why not "super majority"? I
really don't like simple majority rule.
    Also, why not support Tor as a doocratic move: those
who like it support it as Noisebridge members, not as
Noisebridge in toto. That way, if things go south, the
501 (c) 3 corporation, Noisebridge, is at worst
tangentially related.