[Noisebridge-discuss] [THS:10897] Re: The THS Website (and actually doing something about it)

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 11:45:09 UTC 2011

> Hi Richard,

----- Original Message ----
From: Richard Frankum <richard.frankum at gmail.com>
To: algoldor at yahoo.com
Sent: Wed, June 1, 2011 4:11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [THS:10897] Re: The THS Website (and actually doing something about
it)

Hello Frantisek,

I'm a bit embarrassed to see this kind of squabbling on our
semi-public mailinglist, but what can you do?

> You should see our one sometimes. Many people started to use the "DRAMA" tag,
>it seems to work a bit. There should be a "hall of drama threads" someone could
>send it to the interested researcher? I think I've there one too :-))) (maybe
>two ...).

I am (always) curious about the amount of volunteerism at other
hackerspaces. Do you have designated wiki editors at Noisebridge?

> I think anyone with account can edit, and anyone can create account - I hope.

Who came up with the front page in the first place? (that is, was it one
designer who suggested it? Or did someone just make the page and
everyone liked it?)

> When I joined the Noisebridge the concept of the web page was already
>established, so who did it I'm not sure, I hope someone will pop out and  answer
>the question. However I strongly doped that it was one person only :-))

>From what I can see of your wiki (in Recent
Changes etc), it seems like THS's "people who like wikis will use it,
others will ignore it" pattern.

> I think that the same applies to Noisebridge. People who wants to have the
>things done and do not hate wikis use them a lot. Not all the projects are on
>them and I think that you may imagine why :-)

On a more personal note, thanks for the pointers! I think your
commitment to coming here to help with Tohoku relief is admirable,
make sure you let us know explicitly when you're closer. [now off to
see if I can pull edit alerts from the Noisebridge wiki...]

> I've got a job so I'll start to gain more resources soon aiming to hit Japan
>and THS by end of October maybe bit later on if the Hackers on the Plane are
>coming. I can not wait to be in Japan, I want to stay in total at least for a
>year or so.

> Are you coming to the Chaos Communication Camp at Summer?

--Richard