[Noisebridge-discuss] Help with mini lathe, please!

Roque Lopez lopezbossi at me.com
Wed Jun 1 19:50:52 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am very, very new to noisebridge. My first encounter: maker faire, second: a great soldering workshop with Mitch Altman, last saturday.. so I am looking forward to get more and more involved... however, for the moment, I need help from someone who knows how to operate the mini lathe.

My issue: I totally under estimated how difficult it would be to find metric bolts locally. Specifically I need three eye bolts (or similar lifting device)... metric thread M4x0.7... 8 to 12 mm length. I need to get ahold of them by Friday, at the very latest. After looking online and calling many hardware stores, I cannot get these bolts in such short notice Then I remembered that at noisebridge there is a mini-lathe. I used to know how to operate a lathe back in college, so I could give it a shot myself... but then again, I need some steel, I guess.

Or maybe there is an easier solution, if there is a bunch of bolts somewhere at noisebridge, I could dive to see if I can find something useful...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roque