[Noisebridge-discuss] Theft at NoiseBridge

gnnr gnnrok at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:36:58 UTC 2011

Hey,

I've witnessed two attempts at theft of items at noisebridge
this week.

Incident 1: Man came into noisebridge tried to steal a cellphone
was confronted and returned the item.

Incident 2: two visitors came to noisebridge from abroad. Long story
short one person attempted to take a laptop, was confronted no
serious altercation. Things were returned as far as I know. Appears
the one fellow will be 5150'd as he appeared to have been manic
or something like that.

Two thoughts from me.

1. For the time being I would recommend always keeping your laptop
and phone within sight and enabling a screensaver lock.

2. Maybe create a procedure for how to handle such situations. Police?
Photos? etc...

I'm new to the space, but I thought an email was due on the topic.

Thanks,
Happy Hacking
Gavin