[Noisebridge-discuss] Pants Interface!

Rachel Lyra Hospodar rachel at mediumreality.com
Fri Jun 10 22:11:37 UTC 2011

Hey Noisebridge!  I have been working on my Pants Interface project at
Noisebridge for almost a year.  I am using Arduinos and wireless radios
combined with conductive fabric, conductive thread, and other soft
circuit materials to make wearable interface devices.  I have gotten a
ton of help, support, advice, and information from all of the super
helpful folks at Noisebridge, especially Circuit Hacking Monday people!
 I wanted to let everyone know about a soft circuit kit I am trying to
produce.  It's going to be a kit for a wireless 4-button device that can
control MIDI devices or speak to a computer via USB, and I am super
excited about it!  I want to make a whole computer keyboard that is worn
on the pants, and am excited about this step in that direction.  Some
links you might be interested in to find out more about the project:

Our kickstarter fundraising drive - ends in 2 weeks!
http://kck.st/iyusM4

A four-minute video about the kickstarter project
http://www.vimeo.com/24525501

The project website, listing more info about the mouse touchpad, the
project collaborators,
http://mediumreality.com/pantsinterface.html

Thanks!
R.

--
join my events and new work announce list by emailing:
mr-subscribe at pandorastrunk.com

Support Pants Interface <http://kck.st/iyusM4> high-tech design project
on Kickstarter.
Find out more! <http://mediumreality.com/pantsinterface.html>

Medium Reality <http://mediumreality.com>
Sustainable as hell menswear made from recycled materials.

Pandora's Trunk <http://pandorastrunk.com>
join our vendor announce and call to artists list by emailing:
artistlist-subscribe at pandorastrunk.com

I also keep a design/production log <http://mediumreality.blogspot.com>
with behind-the-scenes details.