[Noisebridge-discuss] introduction + check-in system

Stephen Balaban stephen at stephenbalaban.com
Mon Jun 13 22:17:00 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I've been in SF for the past week and have been coming to noisebridge and
(of course) loving it.  Since I'm founding a company in SF, I'll probably be
here for an undetermined, but long, period of time.  I just subscribed to
the discussion list and wanted to  introduce myself digitally.

I'm from Vermont but my 'local' hacker space is All Hands Active (AHA) in
Ann Arbor, MI.  We had a great system baked into an IRC bot that would allow
people to check in to different places by simply stating @aha or @library to
let others know where they were (see http://at.allhandsactive.com/).  It's
pretty useful and I was thinking this would be great to have at Noise
Bridge.  We can certainly fork the code for it (node.js + python) for a
localized solution.

If anybody is interested in participating in such a project, please hit me
back (either via email or cell phone).  It's been really great meeting
everybody at the space and look forward to working with all of you at some
point in time.

Best,

sabalaba
+1 (802) 598-6343