[Noisebridge-discuss] Android/arduino questions

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Jun 8 03:07:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I learned a bunch at the meetup but still have tons of questions and
> sometimes am not sure I understand everything. Is this meetup going to
> become a semi-regular thing? Miloh suggested monthly might be a good idea.
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20061529-251.html
>
> This article seems to me to imply that you can run android os on an
> arduino??

No, this is some software to help people develop electronic
accessories for android phones, built on top of Atmel AVR
microcontrollers with Ardunio libraries and bootloaders.
They defined a protocol so that the phone can "discover" devices in a
standard way.

> I'm also curious if anyone has heard of/used Amarino. It appears to have a
> lively community of users.

It seems pretty cool, and similar to what the ADK aims to do (though
over Bluetooth), though there doesn't seem to be any strong standards
of what to talk over the serial port.