[Noisebridge-discuss] picture of person 86'd for odd behavior on 6-8-2011

Patrick Lake pat at patsanimation.com
Sat Jun 11 00:32:19 UTC 2011

You know how places put up signs saying: "We aren't responsible for theft of your stuff in our place"?  That's why I brought up liability.  Hypothetically, if there's a computer theft and Noisebridge spends time talking internally without getting cops, someone could blame the place for blocking recovery, and sue for value of their computer plus any amount of damages for what's on it.

Anyways thanks to jake for labeling the guy disabled.  Now I get it.  At this point I lost all anger and I just feel bad for him.

The cops let me yell at him, but everything I tried to get across to him rationally was useless.  If he was rational, I wouldn't feel bad about fucking with his job by telling them the story, after he endangered my job.  Now I wish I didn't, but I did close with telling them I don't want to hurt his job if mental disability is the reason.  Like you said, bona-fide disability rights should help him.  He has no rap sheet and his name wasn't made googlable.

I considered contacting his brother through facebook to settle worries he might have, but it's probably best to leave him alone, unless someone else thinks that's a good idea on behalf of the space.  This has been an interesting experience for working with a group.