[Noisebridge-discuss] Weather Balloon project

Yariv Bash yariv at spaceil.com
Thu Jun 16 05:36:57 UTC 2011

I'm invited to a cool event at Google around mid-August, it's an
un-conference, each one should do something at the event.
Last balloon project I did transmitted live images over amateur radio
frequency (modulated by a sound blaster) during it's 3 hours fly, crossing 3
borders.
This one will not transmit images, but will fly for an entire week, perhaps
even circumventing the world. All for less than $300 budget :-)
Problem is, the Google Headquarters are located less than 1 mile from the
Moffett airfield, owned by NASA Ames.
So, I think it's best if we get some approval from them, not sure the FAA
would clear the launch without their approval and support.
Cheers,
Yariv.

 ----*