[Noisebridge-discuss] Any hardware companies in Sf looking to hire?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jun 21 01:46:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 06:33:39PM -0700, Cris wrote:
> I am trying to get my younger brother to move to San Francisco.  He just
> graduated from Princeton and he majored in electrical engineering.  I mainly
> know software developers, which doesn't help and was wondering if anyone had
> any ideas which hardware companies are looking for new hires.

Lots of EE jobs in the South Bay and on the peninsula; Broadcom,
Atheros, Cisco, AMD, Intel, Netxenta, Arista, and a few thousand
startups hardly anybody's ever heard of.  Less for NCGs (new college
grads) in SF proper, but a few years of Caltrain are practically a rite
of passage for techies moving to SF. :)

Best bet is to get him to come out and visit and have a few companies in
mind; Princeton has lots of connections out here, so he should ask
professors and grad students for references.  Trolling Craigslist can be
suprisingly rewarding too.

-andy