[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: What more can we do to turn Noisebridge into something out of a Gibson novel?

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 04:00:02 UTC 2011

ok so Gibson didn't even invent what superficially he appears to have
never mind what has been credited to him.

so what does "Gibson" really mean ? Something like "Present as Science
Fiction" is what he is saying he is trying to say.

so anyway cutting edge.

not hobbyist, if amateur then in an honourable sense.

also perhaps humanistic technology in as far as dealing with stuff better.

IMHO tech should do besides entertain:

a) relieve us of dulling tasks (and not just shift their burdens from
one area to another either)
b) assist us in enhancing our abilities
c) be cool and an adventure

Perhaps this is the world Gibson explores in his writing ?

Also don't forget the distinction between invention and innovation.
The classic example of the Innovator is Steve Jobs for tech ...