[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: Re: update - help Japan 16/3/2011/ novinky - pomoc Japonsku 16/3/2011]

Colin Keigher colin at keyboardcowboy.ca
Thu Mar 17 13:29:14 UTC 2011

Frantisek,

Keeping it off of that list and keeping it here is a better idea I find.
You're the only one posting on that other mailing list and I am not
going to bother to add myself to a seemingly small list that nobody else
is looking at. How about some openness and accountability here? You're
not helping to convince me to support your cause here.

Keep your responses here and not on the dead mailing list.

My responses are inline.

Again, see my point above.
> I've planed  to go to Japan for a while already, so I'm rather speeding my
> leave.

How much have you raised pre-spamming?
> It is certainly not just me, as you can see from creating wiki, mailing list etc
> who is being involved, it is a community of people who wants to do something and
> now their are looking what and how in a hacker/open source/slow food movements
> ways..

This doesn't answer my question, why should YOU be the one to go to
Japan? It smells of disaster tourism to me.
> I'm a food hacker, in other words skilled, very well trained biotechnologist,
> traveling/studying and working in the field around the world for many years whit
> excellent recommendations from scientific, volunteer and hacker perspective.

Are you an accredited biotechnologist or are you someone who has simply
studied it? Can we have some examples of these recommendations and a
source to back them up?
> What exactly and how we will do in Japan is now being "constructed" by community
> which came together around this project already, the hacker and slow food
> movement will be my targeted group to cooperate with.

Japan is not a third-world nation unlike Haiti which needs people who
have these purported skills you claim. While there are food shortage
issues, it is not going to be like a third-world nation that had no
infrastructure to begin with. Again, your reasons don't seem to make
very much sense.
> That should answer the basic questions, some of them were however already tarted
> in the last news letter 16/3/2011. People who supports me knows me, they trust
> me because of different reasons. If you like to discuss it further please post
> your email and my answer to the mailing list we can go from there on.

Can we have a list of donors? I would like to know who has donated and
from where. Again, accountability is key here since you're begging
people for money to send you to a foreign country that has a rather
decent infrastructure. I don't see you leaving Tokyo or any other
metropolitan area very much.

Where were you with Haiti? They're the ones with a food shortage here.
> Sincerely,
>
> Frantisek
>
> PS I've been working under quite critical conditions before, however not
> directly in regions after catastrophe. I've quickly realized that the first
> several weeks are for "professional only" meaning helping on the spot and that
> is not my job, at least not for this event (again knowledge of the community
> which started to gather around this project). We will prepare during this time
> to help with the rebuild phase and you can be sure that there is an incredible
> potential for the open source/hacker/slow food movement to help in a very
> positive way and I'm sure based on my experience that I can contribute a lot
> that is a matter of fact. Lots of people are thinking the same and based on my
> portfolio online you should be able to see this even without knowing me.

I did Google for you and it still doesn't seem to back up any reason to
send you money. How about you stop being so patronizing and answer the
questions without being rhetorical?

- Colin