[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] My Hair Is On Fire - Current events that are shaping your rights as we speak

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Mar 17 16:45:13 UTC 2011

Can we compromise on "clacking" then?

(I'm intensely amused by the "hackers was used in originally the
phreaking community and then was stolen by others", given at least one
of best-documented, bitterest and ultimately unsuccessful etymological
attempts to control and limit the term hacker was to stop it being
commandeered by the computer underground.)

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/H/hacker.html
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/C/cracker.html

d.