[Noisebridge-discuss] anyone interested in a javascript study group?

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:37:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Jack Perkins <jackaperkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> DOM stuff is what gets me caught up.

"Caught up" is putting it nicely; I would consider sticking forks in
my eye before programming the DOM API directly in JavaScript again.
For instance accessing table cells is completely different in IE from
Firefox so you have to write all your code twice. I would recommend
either just manipulate document.body.innerHTML as a string or use a
library like jQuery.

"The Good Parts" is more about implementing objects, inheritance,
closures, and the rest of that good CS stuff properly.