[Noisebridge-discuss] anyone interested in a javascript study group?

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:55:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Wladyslaw Zbikowski
<embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like there was a pretty good response for this; I'll be at the
> space 1pm Sunday (Saturday evenings tend to have conflicts).

I just reviewed chapter 1; here are a few references for anyone who
wants to review the terminology:

"JavaScript's functions are first class objects"
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/First-class_function

"with (mostly) lexical scoping"
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Scope_%28programming%29#Lexical_scoping

"JavaScript is a loosely typed language"
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Weak_typing

I anticipate that Sunday at noon or 1 will be best for me, but if
people prefer Saturday evening we can try that next week.