[Noisebridge-discuss] Question about hosting a KDE party at the space?

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 03:25:28 UTC 2011

>There is sometimes a meeting on Tuesday, but it is not held every week unless there is a pressing crisis.

Sooooo, that's not true. There is a membership meeting every week at
8. Sometimes people get lazy and don't have it till 9, but it's rarely
skipped entirely.

Celeste, if you're going to host an even in the space, you should
follow the basic guidelines here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hosting_an_Event

I don't think that people would veto having a cool event on a Tuesday
night in favor of the membership meeting, but definitely be courteous
about sharing the space. The meeting could probably be held in a
classroom if there is an event going on.

And Mondays we have cooking class and circuit hacking. Since the
latter is right next to the main "party area" it may or may not be
disruptive to them, but I think if someone from that group blesses you
than you should go ahead. Miloh or Mitch Altman are good
representatives of the circuit hacking group. For the cooking class,
the only person I know you could check with is Rikke.

I think bringing this up at the membership meeting is a great idea,
but people have been pretty lax on having the actual meeting on time
lately, so feel free to ping me if you're having trouble figuring out
what's going on. If I'm there I generally make it happen but I can't
make it tonight. Check in with Will Sargent, Al Sweigart, or Miloh if
you make it to the space on a tues night. Otherwise, you can check in
with people running the various events those nights to see if they are
cool with working around the party. I think they will be, but it would
be excellent to check in with them.

-Kelly