[Noisebridge-discuss] Self Defense

Forrest Flanagan solenoidclock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:58:21 UTC 2011

Padding and cross training, respectively.

I just think it's a stretch to say that a thing which is studied, or even
improved upon, is being hacked. I don't think it's accurate to say that
practicing martial arts or even practicing variants that you think would
work better could be called hacking. I don't think that using software on a
graphing calculator or studying abacus use is a hack for mathematics either.
There may be abacus and graphing calculator hacks, respectively, but math is
still math just as defense is still defense.

It's a crappy argument though, and it has nothing to do with whether or not
people want to learn self defense at a hackerspace.

>>> http://accesstoinsight.org
>>> http://fictionalphilosophy.org
>>> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/seidos