[Noisebridge-discuss] Self Defense

Bruce Wolfe brucewolfe.sf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 03:29:02 UTC 2011

Actually, in T'ai Chi we have a sparring practice that is about
understanding how to get your software to move your hardware. Really it's
about understanding the subtle energies of the body and getting them
connected in such a way that very little effort is needed to connect and
move your partner off their balance or disrupt their equilibrium.

We wouldn't need a padded area or a very large open space but depending on
how many want to participate. The hacking part of it is to find new ways to
follow and listen to your partner's energy through a constant physical
connection. This is called "listening". At the same time, you must listen to
your own equilibrium so that you do not transmit your vulnerabilities to the
other person.

The whole idea is to find furniture in your partner to connect with while
they can only find a feather.

Yielding, adhering...You will find Tao.

Bruce