[Noisebridge-discuss] Interactive mapping of your cellphone tracking you

Geoff Shively gshively at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:39:47 UTC 2011

Gnar evil shenenegains.

Would be lovely to spoof the data so that the logs show frequent journeys to
summit of Mt Everest or across large bodies of water.

Seems there are 2 different kinds of tracking going on here, yea?

1) The cell site data for when a number is active/provisioned for a
site/service.

2) Device location data (in case of iPhone/mobileMe) when the location is
stored on the phone and then requested remotely. Is this the same for
Android?