[Noisebridge-discuss] Linux study group at Noisebridge

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:54:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM, jim <jim at systemateka.com> wrote:

> Here's a link to a wiki page for the linux study group:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Linux_System_Administration_Study_Group
>
>    Some have expressed interest in enriching the wiki

How about a page describing the server you are working on and the status of
it, what is on it and what has happened with it.

How about a page describing the many faces of Linux Admin, where people can
work both professionally and in an outreach-service sense. I am thinking in
terms of who uses Linux seriously such as in education, business, and R+D as
well as in web services. What kinds of Admins are there (for instance User
Support versus Service Support) and what do they do and how (for instance
who are people like Debian Developers and where do they come from) . Are
they different skills required for these and how much difference is there.

Brian

(I am not a member of the LSG although I have dropped in a bit, I have a bit
of Unix (generally) Admin experience here and there).