[Noisebridge-discuss] Hardware Hacking Area at Maker Faire needs volunteers!‏‏

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 08:48:26 UTC 2011

Hey Everyone,

The San Francisco Maker Faire 2011 is happening Saturday May 21st and Sunday May 22nd.

Once again I'm setting up a huge Hardware Hacking Area.  And this year it will be more popular than ever!

This year we will have 54 solder irons going at once!, teaching thousands of people of all ages how to solder throughout the entire Faire. (Last year we taught 2,500 people of all ages how to solder during the weekend of the Faire!)

A bunch of people have already signed up to volunteer -- thanks! And we need a bunch more.  It is WAY FUN to voluneteer, and doing a 4-hour shift gets you a free pass for the entire Maker Faire (both Saturday and Sunday).

Anyone and everyone can volunteer! No experience necessary!

To sign up as a volunteer, and for more info, please check out the Noisebridge wiki page for the
Hardware Hacking Area <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Maker_Faire_2011_HHA>.

It will be very helpful if you could attend one of the two training sessions I will lead to teach you how to teach people how to solder at the Maker Faire (both sessions will be identical, so you only need to go to one):

Saturday, 14-May, 1pm -- at Noisebridge
Monday, 16-May, 8pm -- at Noisebridge
Please feel free to pass this notice along to any you think may be interested.

Mitch.