[Noisebridge-discuss] Need Gadget Genius To Build Time Machine!

Allen Cohn allen at cohnzone.com
Thu May 5 21:55:09 UTC 2011

Well, actually a time machine prop...

We are group of hobbyists working on an after-hours labor of love: an
immersive, puzzle-solving/roleplaying game in which about 40+ teams of 5
people each will solve very sophisticated puzzles and interact with actors.

As part of this, we need to create a mock time machine that our actors will
step into at various points during the game.

We also need to create two mock high school science fair displays. The first
is on the "Cold Fusion With Diet Coke" and the second "Perpetual Motion Of
Mentos."

Although they should look like two separate displays (and will be set up
next to each other) they are actually one device. And when activated they
"accidentally" mix the Diet Coke and Mentos in an entertaining Rube
Goldberg-like fashion to create a powerful spray of liquid that can be aimed
to douse our actors. (We're quite willing to "cheat" by using a secret pump
assist for the spray.)

We'll use this device both in a short film we're going to make and live at
the final scene of the game.

What can I tell you about the game?

* Unfortunately this is an unpaid gig. All of us are doing it just for fun,
after hours.

* Our game has a tongue-in-cheek "time travel" theme. Sort of an homage to
"Back To The Future" and "Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure."

* The game will be run twice over two separate weekends in September with
100+ people playing each time. However, we'll need to complete the science
fair exhibits in the next few months.

Finally, here's some general information on this type of game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(treasure_hunt)

If you (or someone you know!) might have fun joining the team for this
unique creation, please be in touch.

Many thanks,
Allen
allen at cohnzone.com

PS: We're also looking for a graphic designer, web designer, videographer,
set designer, costumer, and a few actors. If you know any such folks who
might like hearing about our project, please hook us up!