[Noisebridge-discuss] Solving the bedbugs problem at Noisebridge

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Sat May 7 03:48:58 UTC 2011

After talking with a few people, I am positive that bedbugs are at
Noisebridge. I'm happy to give examples of instances privately, but for now,
I feel it is very important that we address this issue asap, lest a new
breed of them hatch and cause problems.

While in this case I think it's appropriate that we invest Noisebridge funds
into materials to kill them, I'm also just going to get a bunch of fogbombs
and launch them myself. Given that they are highly toxic and launching
multiple bombs at once is dangerous, if someone could help me handle it, it
would make life a lot easier.

Does anyone have things at Noisebridge that they want to cover up before we
do this? I am thinking if we set them off sometime next week (maybe
thursday?), in the wee hours like at 4am when nobody is around, there will
be enough time to handle the situation properly. A number of people have
expressed doubt over whether the fogbombs work, but I feel it does not hurt
to try, and because I am personally paying for it (unless Noisebridge wants
to be awesome) I see no issue with it.

If there are bedbugs, and we set off these things, it will kill them, and
everyone is happy. If there are no bedbugs, and we set off these things,
they are still not there, and it harms nobody. So I figure I will move
forward with the plan. If you are interested in helping me somehow, or have
suggestions on how to make people both aware of what we're doing, as well as
ways to prevent infections in the future, please don't be shy!

aestetix