[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking developers to write web/iPhone/Android code for next Journey to the End of the Night

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu May 12 06:42:47 UTC 2011

I'm planning to run another Journey to the End of the Night coming up
next month. As it being the 5 year anniversary of Journey, I've got some
plans for a digital tracking system for players based off of QR codes
getting scanned at checkpoints. This wont really help out players all
that much, but would generate some very interesting data to see how far
players get.

The components are...

* Back end to store information about players and what they've done
* API to the back end
* iPhone/Android app to scan QR codes and send them to the back end with
a status on which checkpoint the player currently is and a time stamp
* Web front end to access the data and display on the map, or to edit
the data

Do you write python/php? Enjoy hitting MySQL? Make mobile apps? Want to
work for free towards an open source project for an open source game
under the CC? Want to say you helped build something that tracked over
1000 people on a random Saturday night? Contact me.

Thanks!

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net