[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge-discuss Digest, Vol 43, Issue 13

Mahdi Gad sandwormdd at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 19:59:55 UTC 2011

Thanks for the initiative, but don't waste your money on bugbombs. From what I understand, they don't work on bed bugs, they may even drive pests into places we can't reach them, cover all public surfaces with harmful toxins Noisebridge will never completely get rid of, and set you back on money.
http://insects.about.com/od/insectpests/f/when-to-use-bug-bomb.htm
"Bug bombs, also known as total release foggers or insect foggers, use an aerosol propellant to fill an indoor space with chemical pesticides. These products are often marketed as all-purpose extermination tools that are easy for a homeowner to use.
When should you use a bug bomb? Almost never, to be honest. Bug bombs are most effective on flying insects, such as flies or mosquitoes. They don't provide much control for cockroaches, ants, bed bugs, or other pests that most concern homeowners. So unless you live in the Amityville Horror house, you won't find a bug bomb to be of much help with your insect problem.
Consumers are fooled into using bug bombs for roaches and bed bugs because they believe the airborne pesticides will penetrate every crack and crevice where these insects hide. Quite the opposite is true. Once these hidden pests detect the chemical fog in the room, they'll retreat further into walls or other hideaways, where you'll never be able to treat them effectively."

--Forwarded Message Attachment--